At InterNations, we’re committed to creating a safe and authentic space for expats and global minds. By following these Networking Guidelines, you help us make this community a great place for people from around the world to come together and connect.
Please respect us and each other: members who don’t follow our Networking Guidelines may have their accounts temporarily or permanently deactivated.
Speak Our Common Language
English is the main language of InterNations — we don’t want language to be a reason to exclude anyone.
- Don’t post content or write messages visible to the community in a language other than English.
- If you would like to interact in another language, you can join one of the nationality- or language-specific InterNations Groups.
InterNations has an extremely diverse member base, including different cultures, religions, and languages — and we’re really proud of that. Please keep this in mind while networking and respect all members.
- Consider other members’ perspectives and respect their boundaries.
- Use InterNations for its intended purpose. We’re not a database for promoting your business, recruiting, or finding a date.
Say No to Spam!
Nobody likes spam, and we don’t tolerate it in our community. We define spam as content which is unsolicited, commercial, promotional, or impersonal.
- Don’t send identical messages to multiple recipients.
- Send a personalized message when connecting with someone new.
Real profiles, with real names and pictures, help to ensure a community of trust.
- InterNations does not allow fake or duplicate accounts.
- Don’t use someone else’s information or profile picture.
- Don’t intentionally mislead others with fake information.