Managing a relocation without prior experience or local knowledge requires a lot of time and effort. As professionals who have relocated many times before, at InterNations GO! we want to give our clients what we were missing: an easy way to move and live abroad. What does it entail? Tailored services that cater to your essential relocation needs, all in one place.
First, let’s go through the basics:
What is Relocation?
Relocating is an umbrella-term that covers both the physical move as well as the rest of the arrangements pre and post moving to your new destination. Unlike moving, relocation does not only mean transporting your belongings from one place to another. Relocation refers to international moves. If used in a domestic (single country) context, a significant distance between origin and destination is implied.
On this page:
- What Steps does a Relocation Entail?
- What are Relocation Services?
- What is a Relocation Package?
- What does a Relocation Package Usually Include?
- Examples of International Relocation Packages
- What is the Average Cost of a Relocation Package?
- What Should I Keep in Mind When Negotiating My Relocation Package?
- Why Should I Choose a Relocation Package Over Specific Services from Different Companies?
What Steps does a Relocation Entail?
The relocation process can be broken down into three stages: pre-departure arrangements, the move itself, and post-arrival steps. This doesn’t sound too complex, yet, the arrangements that come with each stage certainly are.
A few things you will need to consider at each point:
- Find out more about the country you are planning to settle in. Consider cost of living, housing and educational opportunities, as well as cultural differences.
- Look into visa options.
- Search for a suitable accommodation.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Hire a moving company to take care of your belongings.
- Consider storage solutions.
- Pack your belongings taking specific custom rules into consideration.
- Take care of your legal and tax status.
- Arrange health-related services (find a suitable doctor, health insurance policies, etc.).
- Find cultural training opportunities.
- Look into language training (if applicable).
A significant number of additional preparations might be required if you are thinking of moving abroad with your partner, kids (school search) or your pets (pet relocation).
What are Relocation Services?
Relocation services are services that help you transition from your current home to a new destination. Relocating from one place to another requires a lot of thorough research and insider knowledge that good relocation service providers are proud to offer. Amongst other services, they can usually assist with moving, housing, and settling-in arrangements. These services commonly cater to people who are moving internationally.
Want to Move and Live Abroad? We Offer the Services You Need.Start here
Why Should I Choose a Relocation Package Over Specific Services from Different Companies?
Choosing a tailored relocation package will save you time and take away most of your relocation worries. You will not have to shop around for each service separately, nor evaluate the quality levels of individual and untested providers. You will significantly reduce the research phase, because relocation professionals will support you with a significant amount of insider knowledge. By choosing a customized relocation package, you will minimize your relocation stress and save a huge amount of time and energy.