Local Community Engagement Specialist (Dubai)Apply now
About the Role
Providing our community of expats with fun, high-quality events is at the heart of what we do! Through our events — organized by committed members in their free time — millions of InterNations members in 420 cities worldwide can meet, network, share their passion, and live unique experiences. To drive growth in the key Middle Eastern market, we’re looking for a Local Community Engagement Specialist to be the on-the-ground coordinator for our local communities there, with a particular focus on Dubai and Arabia. In this role, you’ll support and empower our event organizers in your region — who we call our Ambassadors and Consuls. You’ll be the main regional point-of-contact and manage all aspects of your portfolio, trusted to guide and develop our communities in these cities as well as deliver an engaging, customer-centric experience for our members.
As a Local Community Engagement Specialist for InterNations, you will:
- take ownership for a portfolio consisting of about 12 local communities in the Arabian Peninsula, ensure all operational KPIs are met, strive to exceed targets, and oversee the communities’ further strategic development
- recruit, onboard, and empower InterNations members who volunteer their time to organize and host regular events and activities on a local level (our Ambassadors & Consuls)
- provide individual support and guidance to our event hosts
- actively assist with organizing and hosting monthly afterwork-like networking events in Dubai in close collaboration with our local Ambassadors
- analyze key metrics, gather region-specific insights, and positively contribute to the company’s financial performance
- monitor, diversify, and ensure the high quality of our events and activities
- use your skills to prevent, mediate, and resolve conflicts, manage crisis situations, and implement risk management processes
- bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in Business Administration, Media Studies, Event Management, Cultural Science (or similar)
- fluency in written and spoken English is essential (additional languages are a plus)
- based in Dubai for at least 2+ years, knowledge of the local business culture and contacts in local restaurants and bars are a plus
- business sense and an entrepreneurial spirit
- willingness to travel occasionally and work evenings and/or weekends
- affinity for social networking applications and platforms
- communicative, assertive, reliable, and calm under pressure
- open, collaborative, and team player who enjoys working in an international environment
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
Please note: We can only accept applications from self-employed entrepreneurs with a registered business.
With over 4.6 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.