IT Operations Engineer (DevOps)Apply now
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer at InterNations, you will:
- be responsible for the administration of Linux-based cloud and dedicated systems (Debian and Ubuntu)
- run software like nginx, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, Redis, RabbitMQ
- manage configuration changes and roll-outs using Jenkins and Ansible
- work closely together with the Engineering teams on performance, scalability and operability
- run, troubleshoot and extend our Jenkins-based Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- design and implement monitoring and fault detection strategies
You meet the following requirements:
- significant previous experience with running Linux systems in a production environment, especially in the context of web applications
- good understanding of networking concepts: routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls
- significant experience with running a large scale relational database system (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL)
- previous experience in performance analysis and optimization on a Linux stack
- experience with virtualization, container technology or configuration management systems (Ansible, Chef, Puppet) is a plus
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you want to know more about your future team and what working at InterNations is like, just have a look at this interview with one of our DevOps Engineers on our corporate blog!
With over 4.6 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.